Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My dad stormed out after an argument, leaving me (16NB) alone, and hasn't contacted me in over 24 hours.

Background: I got in a car accident a week before Christmas 2020 while my mom was teaching me to drive and she passed away. My relationship with my dad has been strained ever since and we've barely spoken. I've been feeling like he blames me and working through that feeling, plus my grief and guilt, in therapy, but my dad refuses to seek therapy. We had an argument yesterday and at one point he yelled that I killed my mom, then he just stormed out. After a few hours with no contact I went to stay with a friend whose parents offered me their spare room because I was having some real dark thoughts and didn't want to be alone.

I still haven't gotten any word from my dad and when I went home it didn't look like he'd been home at all since he left. I went back my friend's place which is where I am now. My friend's parents asked me if I wanted to call the police and I said no, but now I'm starting to have second thoughts. I have no idea where he went or when he's planning on coming home. He hasn't responded to any of my texts letting him know where I am. We don't have any family he could have gone to stay with. I'm starting to freak out that something might have happened to him but I'm trying to convince myself it's just paranoia because I recently lost my mom in an accident. I don't know if it would be ridiculous to get the police involved after only a day and I should wait a bit longer. My friend's parents say we should call anyway if 48 hours go by, but I'm not sure if I should call sooner because of how upset he was when he left. I don't know. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Tldr: my dad blamed me for my mom's death then stormed out over 24 hours ago. He's had no contact with me since and I don't know if it's too early to contact the authorities.



Submitted February 14, 2021 at 07:48PM by ThrowRA0005 https://ift.tt/2LRF4NL
My dad stormed out after an argument, leaving me (16NB) alone, and hasn't contacted me in over 24 hours. My dad stormed out after an argument, leaving me (16NB) alone, and hasn't contacted me in over 24 hours. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 14, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.