Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I'm [21F] not feeling it anymore, he [21M] feels betrayed

My bf and I have been dating since senior year of high school. We went to neighboring high schools but go to college in different states, so most of it has been long distance.

When we first got together, we were super intense about the relationship and said we were going to get married, resolved to always talk through conflicts and that splitting up would not be on the table, had promise rings and everything. I believed in this really strongly at the time, but lately I've been feeling like the relationship has run its course.

There was no one big incident but a lot of little things that just make me feel like we're drifting apart. We were both slackers in high school but I've turned things around in college because I want to get a good job, while he has stayed the same. I have also toned way down on how much I drink, he has toned it way up and is sloppy drunk in conversations a lot. He got mad at me for not liking the Beatles White Album enough (should not have been a surprise since I don't like the Beatles in the first place...) and often I get this feeling like he thinks his interests are objectively better than mine.

I was too much of a coward to break up with him in one fell swoop so I thought I'd have a conversation with him about it. He says he feels blindsided and that we should work on things. I know I should try, but I also feel like I don't want to try? I don't think I actually want to marry the first guy I ever dated. We were very serious about the promises we made to each other at the beginning of our relationship, but now he is still serious about them while they feel more and more like kid stuff to me.

We have a ton of good memories together and it's still good most of the time now. I know I have my faults and things about me that irritate him too, and I'm not thinking I'm going to find some flawless guy if we break up. I don't know if there's something wrong with me, if I owe him the effort that I told him I would give to the relationship, or if it's okay to just be done.

tl;dr: Wondering if there's a statute of limitations on promises I made when I was in high school.



Submitted February 11, 2021 at 07:48AM by QuadSmooch15 https://ift.tt/3p7fCBq
I'm [21F] not feeling it anymore, he [21M] feels betrayed I'm [21F] not feeling it anymore, he [21M] feels betrayed Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 11, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.