Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How can I (27M) help my girlfriend (27F) be less conscious about our height difference?

I'll first apologize for any grammar mistakes I make, as English isn't my native language.

My girlfriend and I have been together for five years now. I know she's the woman of my life and I'm planning on proposing this year. Regardless, we have always had an amazing time together, and I love her with all my heart.

However, there's a specific topic that gets a bit on her nerves, our height difference. She's a very tall woman at 1,9 m (6'2'' on imperial, though this was done with a conversion online so I'm not sure it's right), and I'm a lot shorter than her at 1,76m (5'9'').

This has never bothered me once. I know I'm short, there's nothing I can do about it. I don't care that she's taller than me. Height was never a point in my feelings for her. I just adore her and that's enough for me.

However, I understand that it is not common for people to see a woman taller than a man in a relationship, and most people, don't know something called self-control. Thus, we always get comments like:

  • "Oh, you're such a different couple!"
  • "Oh, you look like his parent!" (Yes, believe me, we heard that absurdity)
  • "You look like an amazon close to him!"

Honestly, I don't care as I'm fairly used to this. But she isn't, and that makes her quite uncomfortable. She doesn't like to stand out because of her height and being target of comments like that make her very conscious about it.

Every time I hear someone say stuff like that, I do try to change the subject so they don't linger. Also, I always try to make sure she knows just how much I love her. It sound cheesy, but to me, she's the only one.

I'm coming here looking for advice, on how to help her being less conscious about it. I don't even know if there something I can do to help, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

TL;DR: My GF is a lot taller than me, and we get a lot of comments on it, which makes her very self-conscious as she doesn't like to stand out. How can I help her?



Submitted February 12, 2021 at 10:26AM by HistoricallyJolly https://ift.tt/3qnHK4Q
How can I (27M) help my girlfriend (27F) be less conscious about our height difference? How can I (27M) help my girlfriend (27F) be less conscious about our height difference? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 12, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.