Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

He listens to respond with "No, but..."

I'm 27F and my boyfriend is 38M. We are together about a year now. I notice it is a habit of his that whenever I am worked up, for example, a sad article in the news, and I try to talk to him about it, he says, "No,but...* inserts his own opinion here and downplays what I feel so I'm made to feel as though I am overreacting *". He is also one of those that insists his opinion is fact. I noticed that I recently stopped telling him things because of all this.

Whenever I share my opinions on any matter with him, he always starts his replies with, "No, but...". Those two little words make me feel like what I say and feel doesn't even matter, like I'm just wrong and his opinion matters more. Am I overreacting or is that completely invalidating, not to mention annoying?

tl;dr: boyfriend always replies to my opinions and feelings with "No, but...". Am I overreacting for feeling invalidated and annoyed?



Submitted February 08, 2021 at 07:28PM by watermelonblue94 https://ift.tt/3jxApwD
He listens to respond with "No, but..." He listens to respond with "No, but..." Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 09, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.