Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (36M) respond to my mother-in-law’s boyfriend (50M) whom bombards me with conspiracies?

[On mobile] First off, I’m a busy manager who has a hot head with nonsense. I’m dying to know the proper way to respond to someone who constantly bombards me with their conspiracies, this time it’s ‘Justin Trudeau is going to reset Canada using the plandemic.’ Yes, I am in Canada but the principle is the same I suppose with all conspiracies and the people who impose their beliefs on others.

I bite my tongue to maintain the relationship with my MIL/Bf, trying not to make things awkward since we pay her to babysit our child, and I see her (them) everyday. He refuses to work for 1,000,000 reasons, cause it’s the governments fault probably so he joins her at our house.

Anyhow, like clockwork, they come in to the house in the morning, before he gets up the stairs to the living room (where I’m resting with my coffee) and he just starts up about money, conspiracies, and his opinion on government-related anything.

I get it, he’s a bit embarrassed by his situation (poor) and it seems that he is trying to explain himself to me daily with the fault being [all of the above]. Now, he’s thinking about giving back his financed truck and blaming ‘the reset’ as his excuse to not care about his credit (again). I on the other hand make a very high income and it can be visibly seen by my assets, and I am young.

I’m worried that my hot head will not endure this much longer and I’ll say something that will make things awkward from there on [ha].

Please coach me on how to put this to bed for him without having to be rude or too upfront, I do respect them and I enjoy that they can sit in my house all day as they live in a travel trailer, they are for the most part good people. Plus, they provide us with a great service.

TL;DR Mother in law’s boyfriend is driving me crazy with conspiracy talk, how do I let it be known that I don’t subscribe to that idealism without being too direct; it’s all he talks about, I dread going into the same room as them because it inevitably starts up.



Submitted December 01, 2020 at 10:43AM by Weiner_Cat https://ift.tt/3ojnVKt
How do I (36M) respond to my mother-in-law’s boyfriend (50M) whom bombards me with conspiracies? How do I (36M) respond to my mother-in-law’s boyfriend (50M) whom bombards me with conspiracies? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.