Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My husband’s (31M) daughter’s mother (32F) is mad at me (28F) for helping their daughter (9F) through her first “time of the month”

Background: my husband and I have been married for 3 years, and we’ve been together for about 5 years total. I’ve known his daughter, let’s call her Amy, for about three years now. Amy is a great kid, super sweet and smart. I love her as much as I love my husband.

Her mom, let’s call her Sabrina... Isn’t a big fan of me. I don’t blame her though, she’s been through a lot. But she doesn’t make a lot of things easy, and her and my husband argue quite a bit, and she’s not always civil towards us.

So, Amy got her first period while she was at our house, and she came to me pretty freaked out. She was clearly very scared and had no idea what to do.

I had her get cleaned up, ran to the store and bought her pads, a package of midol, and some of her favorite snacks to make her feel better. I answered a few of her questions that I could (I wasn’t about to have the birth control or sex talk with her) and talked her down about a few things. I texted her dad throughout the whole ordeal, making sure he was okay with how I handled things.

After she calmed down a bit I offered to take her to her moms house, if that would make her more comfortable, and she told me that she would rather stay with my husband and I because she’s feeling self-conscious about her body, and her mom makes her feel awkward about puberty stuff. I told her that her mom is just trying her best, and that her mom loves her more than anything else.

I already told my husband everything, and he told Sabrina (Amy’s mom), who is furious with me now.

Sabrina told my husband that I overstepped by not going to her first, and that I have no place in her daughters reproductive health. (There was never a conversation about this between them btw). I understand where she’s coming from, but I genuinely don’t think I was wrong in helping a scared child through a rough time... I didn’t do anything too extreme, the only thing I felt the need to run by my husband was getting her Midol instead of regular pain-relievers...

I don’t want her mad at Amy over this, especially with all the other thoughts and emotions that she has in her head right now.

My husband insists that I didn’t do anything wrong, but I can’t help but feel like I accidentally went over Amy’s mothers head. I’m going to try to make nice with her either way, but I’m not really sure how to go about it. Do I say anything at all? Is a call/text too insincere?

TL;DR I helped my stepdaughter through her first period, and I thought I did a good job until I realized that I had upset her mother, and her mother believes that it was not my place. Regardless, I’m trying to make peace before things get ugly with her and my husband, advice?



Submitted October 27, 2020 at 08:27PM by ThrowRA-3747 https://ift.tt/3jAFa7d
My husband’s (31M) daughter’s mother (32F) is mad at me (28F) for helping their daughter (9F) through her first “time of the month” My husband’s (31M) daughter’s mother (32F) is mad at me (28F) for helping their daughter (9F) through her first “time of the month” Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.