Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24F) sister's (29F) boyfriend (26M) tested positive for COVID. He asked If he could stay in my house. I said no. Now I'm feeling guilty.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 and a half years. He's a depressive person, he's been through a lot and in all the time we've been together I've had his back so so SO much.

I do everything I can for him, I help him with everything, whatever it is, I'm there. I just want to make clear that this is a huge factor in our relationship and in my mental health, since sometimes I've found myself overcaring, overdoing things for him and It affects me. Sometimes I'll act more like his mother than his gf (he told me that) and I know that's not right.

So now, her sister (a doctor) has tested positive for COVID and he asked me If he could stay in my house since he doesn't have the best relationship with her, plus he has several asthma. I told him no. Why? Well I live with 8 people.

My mother (47F) who has hypertension, overweight and hypothyroidism. My dad (54M) who just smokes a lot. My brother (31M) and his daughter (5F). My sister (33F), her boyfriend (29F) and their baby (3 months), and my grandmother (78F)

And I'm sorry for the next part but my native language is spanish so I'm doing my best redacting this based on the english that I've learned from school, movies, tv shows and music. I'll try my best to describe you how my house is. Basically we live all together. We have diferent houses in the same little piece of land. It's all really really -literally- together. And tho we have our own homes we're all always hangin out. My room is apart from my house but I can be at my sister's, my grandmother's, we have a little patio were we do exercise. I mean we all have our little space for ourselves but that's not how things work here, we are always together.

SO, when my bf asked me If he could stay here I immediately though in my family and how dangerous would be for them If he's positive too, but at the same time I though how dangerous it is for him with his asthma to stay with her sister, but at the same time I though on the basic rules of this pandemic and q u a r a n t i n e.

I tried to talk with my mom and she did her best trying to calculate with me when this girl started to have symtomps and how many chances my bf had to be infected etc etc, but at the end we both knew that the answer was no..

PLUS the last time we saw each other was on saturday morning (today is tuesday) when he went home. He was at my house since thursday. So now I have to think that I may be infected too.

Anyways, I know I did the right decision for my family, I'm always gonna choose to protect them and I wouldn't forgive myself if something happens. But at the same time I can't stop thinking in the fact that my bf could be not infected yet and I'm throwing him to the wolves, with his asthma and everything It would kill me If something happens to him and I could've prevent it

So I'm feeling like I did the right thing but at the same time I'm feeling guilty. Lately I haven't been in cloud 9 with my bf, his depression issues and my "mother" behavior had started to be a real issue and now this...

My question I think it is, did I do the right thing? How can I not feel guilty? How can I let go this overprotective behavior towards him?

EDIT My bf has his own room and her sister has her own room where she can quarantine, they'll be using just the same bathroom and with his dad trying to clean everything. It's not like they live in a shoe box either.

TL;DR! My sister's boyfriend tested positive for COVID, he asked If he could stay in my house but I said no to protect my family. And now I'm having mixed feelings and guilt. I think it's cause I developed an overprotective attitude towards him



Submitted October 27, 2020 at 04:39PM by ladyagus https://ift.tt/35EG4ul
My (24F) sister's (29F) boyfriend (26M) tested positive for COVID. He asked If he could stay in my house. I said no. Now I'm feeling guilty. My (24F) sister's (29F) boyfriend (26M) tested positive for COVID. He asked If he could stay in my house. I said no. Now I'm feeling guilty. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.