Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (22F) am obsessing over a guy (24M) who is way out of my league and I need to stop feeling this way because it's affecting my mental health and productivity adversely.

(tl;dr at the bottom) People of reddit, I really need help, advice, suggestions, cures, recipes for potions, ANYTHING to make myself stop feeling this way.

I am doing my master's at a university and because of the pandemic, the entire first semester is going taking place online. So, all the students have also been majorly communicating and socializing online. It was through one of these groups that I came across a classmate of mine, who I found interesting (only judging on the basis of his communications online over group texts) and I this texted him personally.

So, we started talking. We mostly just discuss academics or other stuff related to the university. He has even initiated discussions or readings of academic texts over phone calls. During this whole process (and also because I stalked his social media presence), I have developed a huge, unhealthy, all-consuming crush on this guy. And I really want to stop feeling this way.

There is no real chances of anything ever happening because he is like a super-talented, all-knowing, wise but humble, genius (Not exaggerating even a slightest bit). And I am, well myself (stupid enough to develop feelings for a classmate I have only ever communicated with online). Also, at the risk of sounding pathetic, it is getting to a point of obsession. I have even had really angsty dreams about him twice. He is all I think about all day, constantly comparing his greatness with my worthlessness, as a result of which, my already low self-esteem is really taking an even harder hit.

I really want it to stop. I don't know how. I have tried really hard but it's only getting worse the more I am getting to know him. How do I make this stop?

tl;dr : I am obsessing over a crush on a guy who I have no chance with and want to stop feeling this way.



Submitted October 28, 2020 at 12:44PM by donaps_13 https://ift.tt/37UTaGC
I (22F) am obsessing over a guy (24M) who is way out of my league and I need to stop feeling this way because it's affecting my mental health and productivity adversely. I (22F) am obsessing over a guy (24M) who is way out of my league and I need to stop feeling this way because it's affecting my mental health and productivity adversely. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.