Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (20sF) dad's screaming on the phone while I'm WFH has possibly cost me my job

Basically I am currently living at home because of the pandemic, as are many people. I and my dad are both working from home. I work in my bedroom and he works across the landing.

My issue is that he is on calls all day and shouts down the phone. Its so loud you can literally hear what he's saying from outside the entire house. To make matters worse, he 'forgets' to close the door to his room so it is even louder. I have missed important instructions because I couldn't hear my own calls, screwed up important documents because I'm so distracted and now I'm basically in a position where I might be being let go. I'm not saying he is entirely to blame, but it was a significant factor in several issues I had.

I asked him to close the door and keep his voice down every single day for nearly two months. I had to get up 4 and 5 times a day to close the door. Still he says he 'forgot'.

TLDR: my dads constant screaming down the phone has made it impossible for me to do my job and now I might be fired. My mum says that's just his voice and there's nothing to be done, but I am genuinely furious at this assertion he 'forgets' to do things he's been asked 5 million times to do because it doesn't suit him. I dont want to just let this blow over.

Edit: my door is closed...thought that might have been obvious. I also have headphones (although I appreciate the recommendations) but the issue i was having is either the Bluetooth wasn't connecting properly because I had to swap it back and forth from my laptop and phone all the time, or I would have to have the volume on whatever white noise generator up so high it was kind of like a roar and that for several hours a day is quite rough. I probably should have invested in better headphones - I should specify I've only really been working from home for like 2 months. Before that I was on a different team and predominantly in the office.



Submitted October 31, 2020 at 05:06AM by limmersquid https://ift.tt/37WyDkX
My (20sF) dad's screaming on the phone while I'm WFH has possibly cost me my job My (20sF) dad's screaming on the phone while I'm WFH has possibly cost me my job Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.