Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (38/F) friend (38/F) is dating my son (20/M).

I had my son when I was very young and raised him on my own. Despite our circumstances he always did very well in school and is now studying to become an engineer. I honestly couldn't have hoped for more for him as a parent. About a year and a half ago I started working at a new law firm and quickly became friends with one of the other paralegals. She couldn't believe I had a son old enough to be in university at the time.

Due to everything I've been through, I don't really open up to new people too often. I have a few good friends from back in the day that I occasionally hang out with and two family members that aren't too judgmental of me, but apart from them, I really just keep to myself and focus on my son. Now that he is an adult and living on his own, I have opened up to the idea of dating. My friends had encouraged me to join a dating app and get back out there.

Things were going well in that regard before covid but I have pretty much stopped since March. A few weeks before covid had hit, I had brought my new friend around the house for dinner with a couple of my other friends from back in the day. My son and his girlfriend were there as well. It was nice and just ... uneventful in a good way.

Only a few days ago when one of my other friends had spotted my son with an older woman at a pub (drinking age here is 19) did I realize what was going on. My son and his girlfriend had decided to end their relationship for whatever reason before that. I didn't pry and just figured they were in their early twenties and had drifted. The way my other friend had described it, my son and my paralegal friend had arrived at the pub together and were touching and kissing out in the open and there was really no room for misinterpretation.

She even took a photo of it to show me.

I had no idea how to react. I still don't. Even though my son is an adult and can make his own choices, this one seems particularly bad. As for my paralegal friend, she is not a friend to me anymore. I don't care if everyone in the situation is an adult. This is such an insanely inappropriate thing to do on her part in particular. We don't work at the same law firm anymore, which is good, but she was still quite a good friend of mine.

Maybe I'm overreacting. I just feel that this is inappropriate and a bit disgusting. I have no idea how long this has been going on or how I should approach the situation. Obviously I'm not going to tell my son to stop seeing her. At his age he is going to do what he wants and he should but I don't think I can pretend like I approve because I don't. His ex-girlfriend was such a nice and levelheaded young woman. When he fell from his motorcycle a few months ago she had essentially done everything for him and stayed with him until he had recovered.

The fact that he likely broke up with her to be with my friend who is nearly 40 is just ... quite sad.

Should I speak to him about this? What should I say?

TL;DR We became friends a year and a half ago and I introduced her to my son and my other friends a few weeks before covid. One of my friends saw them together at a pub a few days ago and I honestly feel a little disgusted. How do I react to this? What should I say?



Submitted October 29, 2020 at 03:53PM by whatisthatabout90 https://ift.tt/3kFFMKd
My (38/F) friend (38/F) is dating my son (20/M). My (38/F) friend (38/F) is dating my son (20/M). Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.