Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (F35) boyfriend ( M36 ) still supporting an ex

Some background here - I met my boyfriend last year in November and we immediately hit it off and decided to become exclusive. My boyfriend doesn't have a very long history of relationships. He is still in contact with one ex who currently lives on the other side of the country as they are still friendly. They were never married, had no kids together, etc.

Early on in our relationship, I find out through some conversation that he and his ex girlfriend are on the same phone plan (along with her 2 kids and her boyfriend) and it's been that way since they broke up, 6 years ago. I expressed how odd this was to me and how it made me uncomfortable. He said he would fix it and talk with her to get her off his phone plan. She threw a huge fit as she has poor credit and can't hold down a job so alas, she is still on the plan but is currently paying it. I also found out, through conversation that 2 years ago, my boyfriend co-signed on a car for her. Again, I expressed how this made me uncomfortable. And again, he said he would fix it and get her to refinance the car in her name. But we all know now, that isn't going to happen as she has SHIT credit!

Here we are, almost a year in and he is still dealing with her and we had another frustrating conversation about it last night as another line was added on the phone account and, she is behind on her car payments. I can understand that he's in a bit of a pickle, however, I just don't know if it's worth it for me to hold on to this. I have a hard time allowing myself to full invest in our relationship because my guard is up, 24/7. Does anyone have any advice, any experience dealing with this? I'm sorry I kind of rambled. It's a helluva story and I am just a bit frazzled to be honest.

Tl;dr boyfriend is still financially supporting an ex from 6 years ago

Edit: I really appreciate everyone's input on this. I know, it's bizarre. I'm seeing him this week and there will be more discussions about it. Until then, hope you are all staying safe✌️



Submitted September 28, 2020 at 09:10AM by mythrowaway4999 https://ift.tt/3ib0QWR
My (F35) boyfriend ( M36 ) still supporting an ex My (F35) boyfriend ( M36 ) still supporting an ex Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.