Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (29F) boyfriend (32M) accuses me of cheating every time I have to work late after finding out my boss (29M) is my ex.

I’ve been dating Joseph for 3 years now and I’ve been working for company X for 2. I recently got a small promotion which requires me to work late a lot more than I used to, it also means I have to work a lot more closely with my ex (Aiden).

When Joseph and I first started dating, we briefly talked about our previous relationships/sexual history. I mentioned Aiden was my first boyfriend/love/time and he told me about his exes. He also knew I was still friends with Aiden and briefly met him once when we first started dating. I also mentioned his family owned company X when I took the job. So, I’ve never been/tried to be secretive about my history with Aiden.

During the lockdown, my friends from college and I would have weekly zoom parties just so we could all catch up with another and so the friends who lived alone didn’t feel so lonely. Aiden was in those chats. We ended up reminiscing during one of those chats and someone jokingly mentioned how they thought Aiden and I would be married by now with 6 kids (this used to be a running joke when we were in college). Joseph overheard and once I got off the call, he started asking me questions about Aiden. He kept saying I never told him he was my ex and he would’ve been uncomfortable with us still being friends if he had known. I definitely mentioned it to him and also, he’s friends with at least two of his exes and has always said he doesn’t see the big deal with being friends with an ex.

Now that I’m working from the office again, I usually finish late and he’s CONSTANTLY implying I'm cheating. Aiden dropped me home last week since we finished so late and Joseph was livid when he saw him. He kept asking me why I didn’t just ask him to pick me up, which in hindsight I should’ve but it was late, and Aiden offered. He started demanding I quit my job and has been giving me the silent treatment since because I refused.

I can’t realistically quit my job. The pandemic will make it hard for me to find another position and I don’t think I could find a job with as good benefits/salary as this one. What else can I do to make him realize I’m not cheating and have no plans to?

TL;DR – My boyfriend overheard my college friend making a joke about me and my boss. We have to regularly work late together and he’s now convinced I’m cheating on him.



Submitted September 26, 2020 at 04:35PM by ThrowRAexboss https://ift.tt/36avPQz
My (29F) boyfriend (32M) accuses me of cheating every time I have to work late after finding out my boss (29M) is my ex. My (29F) boyfriend (32M) accuses me of cheating every time I have to work late after finding out my boss (29M) is my ex. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.