Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My coworkers/friends are treating me coldly after they found out I’m [28/F] pregnant with our boss’ [28/M] baby.

I work in a team with 5 other people who I’ve grown close to over the 3 years I’ve worked here. I consider them more friends than coworkers at this point. We work for a company founded by Caleb, who I’ve also been friends with since college.

Caleb and I spent the quarantine together at his place because I have a roommate who made working from home impossible. We ended up hooking up during it and now I’m 17 weeks pregnant. We talked about it and decided to keep the baby and co-parent. We’ve both only told our families about the pregnancy.

We started working from the office again two weeks ago. You can’t really tell I’m pregnant if I wear baggy clothes so no one at work knew except for Caleb’s older sister who also works for the company. On Monday, she was asking me when we were going to decorate the nursery and she was complaining because Caleb told her she couldn’t help. One of my coworkers overheard and asked if I was pregnant. I reluctantly told her. She ended up telling the other girls in our team. At first, they all seemed happy for me but slowly they’ve been acting weird/cold towards me.

The team has a running joke about one of the girls wanting to sleep with Caleb. She’s always denied it and claimed she wasn’t interested in him. They usually make the joke whenever he comes to our floor, which he did on Thursday. Someone made the joke and the girl replied with “[my name] beat me to it”. She said it in a way that felt like she was taking a jab towards me. I think I’ve realized that the jokes hold some truth to them, and I feel incredibly guilty and a little dumb now. I wouldn’t have hooked up with him if I knew she liked him, and I feel like her denial was mostly because she knew we were friends and everyone else probably knew she really liked him. Is there anything I can do to rectify this situation?

TL;DR – I’m pregnant with our bosses baby and my colleagues/friends have started behaving weird/coldly towards me after finding out. I think it’s because one of the girls in my team likes our boss and now I feel incredibly guilty.



Submitted September 26, 2020 at 12:58PM by ThrowRAbossbaby https://ift.tt/2Gc0IsK
My coworkers/friends are treating me coldly after they found out I’m [28/F] pregnant with our boss’ [28/M] baby. My coworkers/friends are treating me coldly after they found out I’m [28/F] pregnant with our boss’ [28/M] baby. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.