Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28F) son’s (3M) dad (28M) wants to meet him after saying he didn’t want to be involved in his life.

I was dating Tom for 4 years when I found out I was pregnant. He wanted me to abort initially but I explained I had a medical condition (PCOS) which made it harder for me to get pregnant so I wouldn’t have an abortion since it may never happen again for me. We talked about it a lot and he eventually agreed on the condition I didn’t expect him to be involved and that I wouldn’t go after him for child support. Tom did give me $30k “just in case” and some gifts for the baby before we went our separate ways but that’s the extent of his involvement in our son’s life.

When the pandemic hit, he reached out to make sure we were okay. From there, he started texting me occasionally and would ask me questions about our son. Two months ago, he asked me if I would show him a picture of him. This progressed to him asking me for videos and more pictures almost daily. Yesterday, he eventually asked me if he could meet him. He said the pandemic had made him realize life was short and he wanted to meet his son before it was too late. I told him I needed to think about it.

I know legally, he has rights to see our son and I don’t have plans to refuse him because he would get what he wants whether I want them to meet or not. So, I’m really interested in how to go about introducing my son to him. I don’t know if Tom plans to be involved now or if this is going to be a onetime thing, so I want to make this meeting as minimally disruptive for my son as possible.

TL;DR – My ex agreed to not be involved in our son’s life but now wants to meet him.



Submitted September 27, 2020 at 04:07PM by ThrowRAsonsdad https://ift.tt/3i6FQAA
My (28F) son’s (3M) dad (28M) wants to meet him after saying he didn’t want to be involved in his life. My (28F) son’s (3M) dad (28M) wants to meet him after saying he didn’t want to be involved in his life. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.