I (20F) have always been a more modest and reserved person. I thought that this was typical, and I still feel like it kind of is to a degree, but I've been seeing a lot about asexuality and that spectrum lately. I posted on r/asexuality, but want to hear from people who are and are not ace to see who relates to my feelings and their advice about it.
I am always attracted to people. I love to kiss and cuddle and form close relationships with people that I find attractive. I love romance books and movies and just thinking about being in relationships. I spend a lot of my time talking about sex and guys with my friends. I make out with more than enough random guys and take things a bit further, when they ask.
However, I'm really shy with myself. I don't let anyone take my clothes off or touch me more than just a little (this comes from a lot of things, like insecurity and past problems, etc.). The idea of progressing things makes me nervous, and I have not had a strong desire to have sex with anyone. Others talk about needing to restrain themselves from progressing things, but I have never really felt the need to take things further, other than a few times. I'm not grossed out by the idea of sex or anything, I just fear that I'll never feel like I need to have it.
I've also never been in a serious relationship, but I know I'm not aromantic. I just haven't met the right person, so I may not have been comfortable enough to progress things. I just have heard a lot lately about sexuality being determined by wanting to progress things further and having a strong desire to jump their bones. I don't seriously think about doing that (like, in a real life scenario), and no matter how intimate I get, I don't really feel like taking things further, 99% of the time. I'm also terrified that I'll be bad at it because of my lack of experience. I want some advice so I know how to navigate future relationships.
TL;DR: I've seen content lately that makes me confused about if I lack sexual feelings, or if it's normal to not feel the need to have sex if you're reserved/inexperienced.
Submitted May 02, 2020 at 10:06AM by Mindless-Purpose https://ift.tt/35qEGLh


No comments:
Post a Comment