Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Did He (23M) Hit Me (23F)?

This happened about a week ago, part of me is still reeling, but part of me wonders if I just overreacted because of bad relationships in the past. Throwaway because he uses Reddit, but I don't think he follows any of the relationship subreddits. Details made blurry to further obscure identity.

We've been together about a year, it's not exactly serious, but it's not not-serious, if that makes any sense - we've talked about long term goals, but I've got reservations, also the relationship still feels too new to commit to anything, as we don't see each other more than once a week.

We've gotten into disagreements and arguments before, but it's always minor stuff, and it usually comes to a peaceful resolution. This argument was no different. However, as he was yelling, and he kind of slammed his hand down on my knee? I'm not sure how to describe it. It feels like it would've been a table-slamming motion with his hand if he'd been at a table, but we were sitting on the sofa.

I immediately started packing up my stuff (we do not live together, I was visiting his place). He seemed to backtrack, I'm not sure what was going through his head, he was still angry, but he didn't seem to want me to go (he asked what he had done to upset me). I told him he "was not allowed to hit me." And he replied (angrily) that he didn't hit me, that he didn't hurt me, and that it was a complete lie to say it was a "hit."

I left anyway, too shaken up to continue whatever argument may have ensued.

I have texted him since then, he has apologized, and agreed he needs to work on his anger, that it will not happen again. Now that I'm a few days out, I have to wonder: Did he hit me? Was that abusive? (I figure the abuse is the intent to threaten or scare me, but I get very scared at any suggestion of violence due to past traumas) If so, is this apology enough, or should I GTFO?

TL;DR: We got into an argument, in frustration he slammed his hand on my knee. I freaked out. He apologized later. Abuse?



Submitted May 09, 2020 at 04:42PM by confessionalthrow404 https://ift.tt/3dujxmn
Did He (23M) Hit Me (23F)? Did He (23M) Hit Me (23F)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 10, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.