Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Fiancé (30M) and I (30F) don’t talk about the abortion

Three years ago, I had a random hookup and ended up pregnant. No question, I wanted an abortion. The father agreed. He was very supportive and our relationship ended up continuing...fast forward three years and now we are getting married in December.

So, everything is going well. I don’t regret the abortion (ever!) but if I bring it up (edit: if it comes up during conversation) with my fiancé, he totally freezes. He refuses to talk about it. I ask him why and he said because it makes him sad. I asked him if he regrets it and he said no.

I can respect him not wanting to talk about it. But could this be a sign of something deeper? Completely shutting down seems like a sign not everything is OK, or that if he is uncomfortable with a topic in the future, he’ll just clam up.

Edit: for those asking why we need to talk about it further...we have to discuss birth control options and how we would handle certain situations moving forward. As we’re getting married, we’ve also discussed getting pregnant and having children together. Also, abortion comes up on the news or in stand up routines more than you realized...when it does, it’s like this huge elephant in the room. At that point, I’d rather just address it. I’ve brought it up maybe once or twice a year.

TL;DR: fiancé won’t talk about the abortion, even three years later. Wondering if this could be worrisome



Submitted April 01, 2020 at 08:02PM by Sunburnthammerhead https://ift.tt/342Ffuh
Fiancé (30M) and I (30F) don’t talk about the abortion Fiancé (30M) and I (30F) don’t talk about the abortion Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.