Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Ex fiancé (30sM) is reaching out after leaving me (20sF) and requesting no contact - could this be sincere or should I call this BS?

My ex fiancé broke up with me last September without giving a clear reason why at the time (this was not the first time he had ended our engagement). I suggested counseling, taking time apart, any plan to work on the relationship and stay together, but he didn’t want that. This was right before a wedding in his family, which he did not bring me to of course, and I later found that he was taking family photos with his ex wife and 3 kids as if they were all still together (I have no children, I’m a decade younger), since I was not at this wedding. He’s been posting photos on Instagram lately at her house as well, and always claims it’s for the kids and for them to have a positive co parenting relationship and there is nothing going on. I should mention, during the first year of our relationship while he was getting divorced, he split time between my house and hers, since he “needed to be there for the kids” but had a separate bedroom. I always hated this.

We briefly attempted reconciling in January, but I wasn’t ready to jump back into an engaged relationship after what happened, so he requested no contact (he wanted full commitment from me again and I of course was concerned given what previously happened). I successfully maintained no contact and began healing through therapy and moving on.

I recently received a lengthy letter from him, after he expected I would reach out and didn’t. Apologizing to me, telling me how much he loved me, etc. he’s said the more he’s thought about it, the more he realizes I am “irreplaceable” and the love of his life. I don’t think anything about me is particularly great or special, but these very nice words are drawing me back in. He now wants to work on a plan for fixing things together, after NOT wanting that when I was the one who suggested it. Which just seems so odd to me - why now? Why not when I made this exact same reasonable request?

I’m very skeptical. He’s great with words but has dumped me a number of times. Is it possible he’s sincere? Or should I just call BS on the whole thing? I’ve expressed I need time to think about this, as I formerly tried to get him to see what we had was good, and his reaction is that it doesn’t matter who realized what when, that we should have a plan for marrying each other.

Should I just move on and leave this guy in the dust? I’d never loved anyone as much as I loved him, and the breakups and makeups during our time together were devastating, but I also had the highest highs with him, and I am worried about never having that again.

TLDR - ex fiancé reaching out, should I listen and try again or leave him behind?



Submitted April 05, 2020 at 12:37PM by GraveyardH2020 https://ift.tt/2wYXEMy
Ex fiancé (30sM) is reaching out after leaving me (20sF) and requesting no contact - could this be sincere or should I call this BS? Ex fiancé (30sM) is reaching out after leaving me (20sF) and requesting no contact - could this be sincere or should I call this BS? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 06, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.