Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (18f) mother (50f) is very strict about many things even though I do not live at home. Is this normal and I am being dramatic, or is this controlling behavior?

I am 18, and I am halfway through my first year of college. When I am home on breaks my mother is very controlling of everything I do. During high school, I accepted her rules and demands because I was legally a minor, and I respected that she was older and just trying to do what she thought was best. Now I no longer live at home but she is just as controlling.

For example, I am not allowed to visit my boyfriend's apartment, ever, for any reason. We have been together for nearly a year, and we are both legal adults. I am still not allowed to go to his apartment, even when his roommate is home, because my mother does not want me sleeping with him. She tracks my location on an app I can't disable without her password.

She also tells me what I can and cannot wear when I go out, and gets angry when I buy new clothes. I have adequate savings and scholarships to pay for my own school, so that is not a concern, and I earn my own money. She has access to all of my bank accounts and does not like when I spend money, even if it is rare occasions that I spend outside of essentials.

She is strict about what time I get home from places I go, even if it is the middle of the afternoon and I have no obligations afterwards.

These are just a few examples off the top of my head, and there are many more. Am I just being dramatic as a teen who wants freedom, or are these behaviors controlling? Any insight and advice is appreciated!

Tl;dr: I'm in college, but mom still treats me like a child, controlling most of my choices. Am I being dramatic by thinking it is controlling?



Submitted January 26, 2020 at 11:52AM by yeehaw-my-dudes https://ift.tt/2RuzdOw
My (18f) mother (50f) is very strict about many things even though I do not live at home. Is this normal and I am being dramatic, or is this controlling behavior? My (18f) mother (50f) is very strict about many things even though I do not live at home. Is this normal and I am being dramatic, or is this controlling behavior? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.