Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (40f) love my husband (42m) but he's prone to tantrums and I think maybe I should leave

We've been married for 7 years. My husband has always had anger management issues so it's my fault for rug sweeping them. But the past year he has gotten worse (in parallel he's been having a lot of stress at work, so I understand why he's on edge).

Last fall we were arguing about something while driving somewhere. Emotions were high and we were both being rude to each other. He got so angry with me that he grabbed my cell phone and whipped it out the window of our car while driving. He did turn around and help me find it, but it was an over-the-top reaction.

At Christmas he was very angry with me because I didn't want to go to his mom's for 2 nights (the reason isn't important here, but the main gist is that I wasn't agreeing to do what he wanted). He started yelling at me that I'm ruining Christmas (I wasn't) and he became so angry that he flipped over the Christmas tree.

We talked about this a lot. About how it scared me and it's not appropriate behavior and being upset or stressed is no excuse.

Now, a month later, he was angry with me because I wasn't doing what he wanted me to do (he wanted me to do something for him and I said I would but I was busy at the moment....he felt my priorities are screwed up, plus he tends to be a rather entitled type of person). I could hear him getting angry (he was muttering that I was a "fucking bitch"). I started to feel nervous but I was in the middle of something so I ignored it hoping he'd chill out. Instead, he walked over to where I was and started telling me I am horrible and I never listen to him and I'm an asshole.

What started as a perfectly normal, happy day ended up with me crying.

The issue is, I love him. Truly I do. And I see him as a wounded sick kid when he acts like this. I don't know what has caused this level of entitlement and anger in him, but I'm guessing it's from childhood. I don't want to leave him, but I hate the chaos he brings into my life.

Is this a reason to leave? Do all couples struggle like this?

tldr: angry husband keeps acting entitled with me and it's making me consider leaving.



Submitted January 30, 2020 at 02:26PM by Individual_Dragonfly https://ift.tt/2GCFRfb
I (40f) love my husband (42m) but he's prone to tantrums and I think maybe I should leave I (40f) love my husband (42m) but he's prone to tantrums and I think maybe I should leave Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.