Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [26/F] Niece [3/F] may have been assaulted by her father [M/40]

*Writing this from a throwaway account.

My niece (my older sisters child) is three and a half years old. We often babysit and she drops her off to my family home that I live in with my parents and two younger sisters (early 20s).

A few days ago, one late afternoon my niece is over and I’m babysitting her alongside my younger sisters. My niece needs to use the bathroom. As is normal practice I take my niece to the bathroom. While wiping her bottom, my niece says to me “My daddy licked my bum with poo-poo and from my nappy” in a serious tone. I asked her “What do you mean”? She then said “Daddy licked my bum and then mummy yelled at him”. My younger sister overhears this and comes and asks my niece if she knows what licking is, we ask her to show us on her arm. My niece licks her arm. After the bathroom, I ask a few more questions and my niece says “My daddy licked my bum and needs to think about what he’s done”.

After this we tried to continue on with the day as normal and played with my niece; we were still in shock. It has been a couple of days now and we have decided to post to reddit to ask for advice on how to proceed.

We have yet to speak to my older sister about this as we are worried she may already know and may be protecting him. He has a rocky history with our family as our parents disapproved of the marriage due to his relationship history (will expand on this if necessary - the gist of it being, he may have cheated on his previous partner with my sister, my sister is very protective of him and fought with especially my mother over this, even in the face of evidence).

This was a few days ago, and I have only discussed this with my younger sisters. We are unsure of what to do at this point. We also think my older sister/my niece’s mother knows based on what my niece said "...and Mummy yelled at him". Also, if she is telling us, it is likely she has already told her mother.

Looking for advice on how to proceed from here, in terms of evidence and procedure. We were thinking to talk to my niece again alone but are worried about how to go about it or what to do (e.g. should we record her? In what manner should we speak to her?, how would we take this information to the police?).

TLDR: My niece may have been a victim of CSA at the hands of her father, and has told us, unsure of next best move.



Submitted January 29, 2020 at 09:43PM by throwaway0088991 https://ift.tt/2GH5U4J
My [26/F] Niece [3/F] may have been assaulted by her father [M/40] My [26/F] Niece [3/F] may have been assaulted by her father [M/40] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.