Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[UPDATE] My [32F] boyfriend [32M] doesn’t see my long commute as part of my contribution to chores and my patience is wearing thin

Previous post

I took your advice and told him we needed to work this out now - no more kicking the can down the road with “I’ll think about it”s. I told him this on Friday and said to take the weekend and think things over and that we could talk about it when I got home - either together on Sunday (when I got back from visiting family) or in couples counseling on Monday.

He opted to talk about it on Monday in therapy and made it seem like everything was fine in the meantime and then in therapy dropped the bomb on me that he thinks we should live in separate apartments but not break up.

So essentially - I live close to my work and he lives close to his. Note that he doesn’t have a car and the closest train station is a 30-40 minute drive away from where I’d be. He doesn’t compromise in any way and I’m supposed to believe this isn’t a prelude to a breakup.

I already feel like such a fool for having done this for almost 2 years because I thought we were building towards something together.

Thank you to everyone that commented on my previous post urging me to tackle this sooner rather than later. This monumentally sucks and I’ve been crying for hours (did I mention that my cat is going in for tests today to see if she has cancer? And this is the timing he chose to pull the rug out from under our relationship?) but at least now I know I guess.

TLDR: I have a 2-3 hour daily commute which I’ve been doing for close to 2 years while boyfriend walks to work. Tensions have been rising due to distribution of chores and free time. I asked if we could move somewhere halfway between our respective workplaces when the lease is up in May and boyfriend opted instead to tell me to move out to my own apartment if I want to continue in this relationship.



Submitted January 28, 2020 at 06:56AM by Throwawayaway1467 https://ift.tt/2RZ6wb9
[UPDATE] My [32F] boyfriend [32M] doesn’t see my long commute as part of my contribution to chores and my patience is wearing thin [UPDATE] My [32F] boyfriend [32M] doesn’t see my long commute as part of my contribution to chores and my patience is wearing thin Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.