Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Anyone else wonder what on earth your parents were thinking?

I had a strange childhood. I'm the oldest of 8 kids. My parents sometimes had a lot of money, but other times it was a struggle just to have food. Even when we had plenty, they moved us into a school bus for a year (not a cool hipster one. It was parked in a field with no running water and 6 kids in it). We lived in unfinished houses with no electricity or running water more often than not. No shower, no flushable toilet. Then my Dad started making a paper mache product that he was paid for per piece. He got all the kids to help make them every day. For hours at a time. I hated it. I was never sent to school until I left home at 16, (which my parents were totally fine with). I remember my 6 year old sister doing all of the family's laundry every day...I just don't get it. Especially since they had quite a bit of money during most of that time. I have 2 small kids now, and I would never dream of doing that. It was really miserable. I have a half decent relationship with my parents now, but they still think it was a perfectly fine childhood. I usually just shake my head, but as I raise my own kids I sometimes get really angry about it. Some of my most basic needs went uncared for. (Like water, and education!) Anyone else out there that feels this way too?

Tl;dr My crazy parents neglected my basic needs, like education, water, a shower...a toilet...and they still think it was fine. How to deal as I raise my own kids and realize how terrible it is to do the to your kids?



Submitted January 28, 2020 at 08:46PM by cupateatoo https://ift.tt/37Czqoi
Anyone else wonder what on earth your parents were thinking? Anyone else wonder what on earth your parents were thinking? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.