Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (30f) think it’s time to break up with my fiancé (34m)

I feel more invested in this than he is. We haven’t been together very long and I think he proposed because he was supposed to get married this past December to somebody else (they’ve been broken up for nearly 8 months).

The proposal itself was underwhelming, without a ring. Told him he needed to get one, but he kind of brushed it off. I’m not very high maintenance or materialistic, but I’m sure he could have spared $100-$200 on something cute and meaningful. He also doesn’t bother to get to know me. During the whole courtship, I wanted to know so much about him, but unless I offered information, he couldn’t be bothered.

This is why I think he wants to marry me: •I’m very caring and he feels important next to me •His needs always come before my own •I’m non-threatening and never argue with him •Whatever he says we tend to do •He doesn’t have to put too much effort in •I’m a great cook so he’d finally stop eating whatever crap he eats now •I’d make a beautiful home for us (he’s obsessed with the way I’ve decorated my own house) • the sex is amazing, I make it all about him, but I need to prompt him when it comes to my needs •I have a high earning potential and don’t expect him to take care of me.

I have tried to bring this up in a healthy conversation, but it’s never a good time. When we meet up, it isn’t a good time. On the phone, not a good time. Via text, “these are conversations we should be having in person”. In addition, he wants to go to another country for 1 year in order to work. This is only a few months after we get married. I won’t be going with him because he didn’t even bother to ensure that my medical condition will be accommodated by the company. His main concern was his fear of heights. I feel that if I go into this marriage, I will become a living, breathing doormat. Thanks for reading.

TL;DR - my fiancé is marrying me because I am low effort, don’t argue with him and he doesn’t have to do very much. He’s leaving to another country for a year a couple of months after we get married.



Submitted January 31, 2020 at 12:14AM by throwaway5857383939 https://ift.tt/2GEymEn
I (30f) think it’s time to break up with my fiancé (34m) I (30f) think it’s time to break up with my fiancé (34m) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.