Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Wife (27) of 9 months wants to be a stay-at-home parent. We have no children together but she has two (ages 3&4) from a previous marriage. I (M31) am not sure how to feel about this.

My wife, R, is seriously contemplating becoming a stay-at-home parent. She currently works as a certified nursing assistant (CNA) full-time. I work full-time as a marketing professional. Currently, I make about 4 times her salary. She and her children will rely solely on my income if this plan pans out. I understand that it can be difficult being a parent to two young children but I have two primary concerns regarding her plan on becoming a stay-at-home-parent:

  1. R and her ex have 50/50 custody of their two children. They rotate having their children every two days. So half the time she'll have the children and the other half, she'll be without. Surely she could maintain some kind of balance with her current job with her days without children but it seems like she has abandoned the idea of working all-together. Which makes me worry about opportunity-cost complications.
  2. R has expressed that she has no interest having any further children. Which kinda stung a bit because I would like to have a child of my own but I cannot force her into something she does not want. But with her desire to stay home with her two children and relying on my dollar really sits uneasy for me. It should be noted that R does not receive alimony from her ex-husband.

Am I allowed to be against this idea of hers staying at home, quitting her full-time job, taking care of her children, and relying solely on my finances? If so, How do I go on about this and discuss my concerns/frustrations with her knowing how it'll lead to an argument? Pretty confused and would love some input.

TL;DR - Wife wants to become a stay-at-home parent for her two children from a previous marriage and will primarily rely on my finances. Not sure if I'm allowed to be against this idea or not.



Submitted January 28, 2020 at 11:38AM by grr_throwaway https://ift.tt/38Lh4kZ
Wife (27) of 9 months wants to be a stay-at-home parent. We have no children together but she has two (ages 3&4) from a previous marriage. I (M31) am not sure how to feel about this. Wife (27) of 9 months wants to be a stay-at-home parent. We have no children together but she has two (ages 3&4) from a previous marriage. I (M31) am not sure how to feel about this. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.