Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [25M] fiancé [25F] told me she hates me.

So this was back in early June. We got into a huge argument because she thought I was sticking up for my sister-in-law over her. For context, my fiancé's dad is a narcissist. Growing up, he was verbally, mentally, and emotionally abusive. Because of this, she still has problems communicating her feelings among other things to this day. On the other hand, my sister-in-law's father passed away when she was just a kid, and I think she has problems to this day because of it as well, such as being very protective over my nephew. Jump to the argument. We were at a dinner where the SIL was being kind of braggy about vacations her and my brother are taking. (she is the type of person who needs people to hear her). I just ignore it because I don't really care, and it isn't my business. So my fiancè and I go to leave the dinner, and we're talking about the SIL and how she's over the top and ridiculous about some stuff. I'm nodding my head and going along with it, even though again, I don't really care. I then say to my fiancè, "yeah maybe she's like this because she lost her dad at such a young age. I'm sure that's hard.” To which my fiancé says “well I think I had it worse growing up. I dealt with years of abuse. And I didn’t turn out like that.” Basically I said that’s a fair point, and I agree (even though I’m not sure if I agree or not), but that it still doesn’t change the fact that my SIL might be the way she is due to her father’s death. Next comes the biggest argument of our lives. She wouldn’t hear me out, thought I was siding with the SIL over her, etc. She finally says “I hate your guts right now.” She apologized the next day, saying she didn’t meant it and was just trying to get a reaction out of me. I forgave her, and I really mean it, but every now and then, we’ll be talking, or fooling around, and I just think “this is the woman who told you she hates your guts.”. We’ve been doing pre-marital counseling and such, but I’m not sure how much real progress there has been. I still love her to death, but things just feel off. Do I just need to get over this or should I look into other options?

TL;DR: my fiancé told me she hates my guts and it’s thrown our entire relationship off balance



Submitted August 31, 2019 at 10:39AM by Reggie207 https://ift.tt/2NISObZ
My [25M] fiancé [25F] told me she hates me. My [25M] fiancé [25F] told me she hates me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.