Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Having issues with my boyfriend’s best friend. I’m F/30, boyfriend is M/29.

My boyfriend has had the same best friend since he was a little kid, and they have a really weird relationship (IMO).

His best friend constantly jokes around about them hooking up, is very graphic about what they do to each other, will joke about them both fucking me, will joke about my boyfriend cheating on me with other girls, will joke that my boyfriend has hundreds of STDs, etc. If I kiss my boyfriend in front of him, he pretends to lean in for a kiss with him and has made comments like ‘I’ll get you one day’. These jokes are CONSTANT any time I’m with them together.

My boyfriend will join in to an extent but doesn’t go as hard as the friend does and sort of just laughs it off. The friend refers to all women as ‘whores’, ‘bitches’, etc. - you get the idea (my boyfriend does not do this, at least not in front of me). My boyfriend can be provocative with his jokes sometimes, he’s very funny and can be a bit dark with humour but it’s only inappropriate like that with this particular friend.

I am admittedly a sensitive person, and while I can laugh off the first few jokes when it gets to the fourth or fifth in the space of 10 minutes I just get upset and have to leave the situation. My boyfriend says that it’s just banter and doesn’t mean anything and that it’s the friend’s way of trying to include me in their ‘twisted’ humour. He says that he gets tired of his friend’s negativity and dark outlook on life, and would never let his friend talk shit about me, but when I see them together I see them amping each other up about who can be the grossest or most inappropriate, and I can only imagine what it’s like when I’m not there.

Tbh, I think it edges into being disrespectful to our relationship.

I’ve told my boyfriend it makes me uncomfortable and he has said he will speak to his friend, but should I be concerned by this behaviour? Or am I overreacting (very willing to accept that I could be and this is nbd)?

TL;DR - my boyfriend’s best friend is basically a creep - looking for advice on how to handle him OR a heads up if I’m overreacting.



Submitted August 31, 2019 at 06:38PM by okaysmartie https://ift.tt/2MRGsP5
Having issues with my boyfriend’s best friend. I’m F/30, boyfriend is M/29. Having issues with my boyfriend’s best friend. I’m F/30, boyfriend is M/29. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.