Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (early 30s F) want to exclude a girl (early 30s F) from my social circle

Throwaway because people reddit.

Both early 30’s F. This girl, let’s call her Amy, is the wife of my husband’s best friend so we will have to interact for basically the rest of our lives. I thought we got along ok at first. I made a low key effort to connect with her but we never seemed to hit it off. I didn’t think there was any problem, just that we’re very different kinds of people from very different backgrounds who didn’t instantly click. I didn’t have to particularly agree with her life choices to interact nicely.

I found out through our husbands that she doesn’t like me. She’s really particular and expects certain behaviours from people or she feels slighted, and apparently I don’t measure up.

We’ve really scaled back how much we interact with them- the guys still hang out, but not so much us as a group. I’ve done a couple of girls nights, labelled as “moms nights” because we have kids and they didn’t and I didn’t want her to come. Now she’s pregnant, so that excuse is out the window. She’s never once invited me to anything that wasn’t a group event, but she was a little put off that I didn’t invite her to prior moms nights. She has met some of my friends at house parties, and they didn't like her, either.

Would I be in the wrong if I continue getting together with my female friends and still not inviting her, if I quit calling it moms night or making it a big thing? (Like, just inviting people over, not calling it a special night in or anything).

TL;DR I don't want to invite a girl I don't like to my hangouts, but I will have to interact with her forever anyway. How do I keep having friends over, when she'll find out about it every time, and not invite her?



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 09:41PM by throwawaymomsnight http://bit.ly/2VB7NZT
I (early 30s F) want to exclude a girl (early 30s F) from my social circle I (early 30s F) want to exclude a girl (early 30s F) from my social circle Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 01, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.