Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [24F] husband [29M] has been slacking off with taking care of our dog

This may seem trivial but it’s really bothering me. Together for 3 years.

We have a very high strung, high energy 1 year old puppy. We both made the decision to get him, so he’s not just my dog.

Husband had in the past taken the puppy out every morning before he left for work, which was a lot earlier than when I would leave. I would then take him out again to poop/feed him breakfast.

My husband does not do that anymore for some reason. This morning, I had someone come to the house for repairs. The dog is very vocal and cries about everything so I didn’t think too much of it. Turns out, my husband did not take him out to pee this morning and he had quite a bit of water before he went to bed, so when I took him out of his crate, he peed all over the hardwood floors. I feel really bad because had I known he hadn’t taken the dog out to pee this morning, I wouldn’t have attributed the crying to just whining about people being at the house.

My husband does not take the dog out to play whatsoever. I usually have to use a flirt pole/ball to get his energy out. Whenever he has, it’s because I’ve asked him to come with me. We have a good sized back yard and my husband does not if ever take him out to play there. I take care of all dog stuff i.e. getting his nails trimmed, brushing his coat, brushing his teeth, getting him bathed, training. My husband complains about the dogs obedience because he admittedly doesn’t listen much anymore (teenage dog hormones?) and the few times he’s been in the backyard with us, he’s gotten frustrated the dog didn’t listen and went back inside. Twice. It sucks.

I’ve talked to him about putting more effort in the dog himself. I’ve also told him I didn’t sign up to be the sole owner of the dog. He’s acknowledged this but hasn’t changed. I also told him this morning that if he doesn’t take the dog out in the morning, he needs to tell me. I think he hasn’t been for a month now but he only admitted to it for two days out of this week.

Can this be worked over? I take care of literally all house duties. Which is fine, but once we have kids I do not want to be the sole caretaker and have him not step up to taking care of them.

Tl;dr: husband has stopped/slacked on taking care of our dog. Have talked to him about it but he hasn’t changed. What do?



Submitted January 04, 2019 at 08:18AM by b-holesurfers http://bit.ly/2F8IeaJ
My [24F] husband [29M] has been slacking off with taking care of our dog My [24F] husband [29M] has been slacking off with taking care of our dog Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.