Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My girlfriend has a drinking problem

My girlfriend (27f) and I (26m) have been having issues with her drinking. She's lied to me about it, tried to hide it from me, and while we have hung out, gone off to drink and try to hide/lie about it. I have expressed to her how I feel about it and she acknowledges that she has a problem but things haven't changed. She's now having problems in grad school because of it and I don't know what to do. My girlfriends mom doesn't like me for understandable reasons and is now threatening to cut her off if we continue dating. My girlfriend says her mom is just trying to take away things from her as a form of punishment because of what's happening in school and our relationship is one of them. I don't know what to do, I don't think the mom knows how bad her drinking problem is and is handling things in a way which is causing my gf to drink more. I want to reach out to her mom to let her know I respect her decision and want nothing but the best for her daughter and don't want to get in the way of their relationship, but want to make her aware that the reason gf is not doing well in school is because of alcohol. Should I not reach out to her mom? I don't know who to talk to and I don't have the means to get her professional help. Ive tried my best to support her how I can but can only do so much. Do you guys have any suggestions?

TL;DR

I want to talk to my girlfriends mother, who doesn't like me, about my girlfriends drinking problem.



Submitted May 12, 2023 at 12:02AM by Dazzling-Command2093 https://ift.tt/cazMo3G
My girlfriend has a drinking problem My girlfriend has a drinking problem Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 12, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.