Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Reaching the breaking point with my(29F) incompetent delusional boyfriend(32M)

Idk where to even begin. He’s in his thirties but still acts like a teenager who smokes weed all day and stays up all night playing video games and he justifies this by saying “he still gets his work done”. Which is driving for Uber. I tell him that he can’t just drive Uber forever and he needs to find some way to learn higher paying skills but he’s never had any kind of corporate job before and never went to college. I tell him to try to research different career options that he can see himself doing and maybe he could sign up for the union or go to some kind of trade school but he hates any job where “he’s not working on his own time” and he “doesn’t have the patience for school”.

I feel like even if he did somehow get accepted into some program it wouldn’t last because he doesn’t even know how to write a resume on his own. He can’t even follow up with a simple phone call or email regarding appointments or anything like that and if I didn’t take care of all the paperwork for the house none of the bills would get paid on time. He doesn’t even know how to sign up for health insurance on his own. I do all of that for him.

I’ll cook large pots of food that should last for a couple days to budget and he’ll take them out to pick at in the middle of the night and not put it back in the fridge so it has to get thrown out the next day. I’ve told him countless times to pee with the toilet seat up so he doesn’t splatter on the seat and he STILL hasn’t fixed this behavior. (We’ve been together for 4 years).

He’s also EXTREMELY careless when it comes to safety related things and has almost burned the house down a couple times because he left the stove on. Same with leaving running water on and flooding the place. He brushes off my concerns all the time and thinks that he knows everything. For example, I smelled gas in our house when we first moved in and told him I think there’s a leak in our oven and he keeps getting pissy with me saying “it’s fine, it runs on gas, it’s supposed to smell like that”. I had the gas company come out anyways and turns out there WAS a leak because it wasn’t installed properly.

COUNTLESS things like that where he brushes me off and thinks he’s always right in his deluded world but 99% of the time I’VE always been in the right. He also insists that he’s going to be millionaire and he JUST knows he’s gonna be rich. With no college degree and absolutely zero professional work experience. Ok. Today we got into an argument because he always leaves the car running in the garage for over 10 mins at a time and the fumes come into our house cos he leaves the house door open and no matter how much I complain he just won’t stop doing it but he’ll take the time out to argue with me about it and call me a nag.

When I was younger these little things didn’t bother me so much but now I just don’t know how I’m going to build a future with someone like this. I’m getting to the age where I want kids soon and I can’t imagine having to raise a child with someone as incompetent as him. I’m starting to resent him so much. I really feel like I hate him lol

TL;DR: my boyfriend is delusional and incompetent and I think it’s time to break up



Submitted May 11, 2023 at 12:09AM by Tall-Present6165 https://ift.tt/YkFovWj
Reaching the breaking point with my(29F) incompetent delusional boyfriend(32M) Reaching the breaking point with my(29F) incompetent delusional boyfriend(32M) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 11, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.