Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I messed up w/ money. 28/F & 27M

I messed up w/ money. I am 27/F and he is 27M.

This is my first post. I work part time from home and my fiancé works out of the home full time making 6 figures. I stay home and take care of our daughter the rest of the time.

I have a problem with shopping and eating in secret. He added up all my target purchases from our joint checking account. It is like $3,000 for a year. I do buy things like dog food, laundry stuff, toiletries, etc but a lot of it is junk food for me, unnecessary stuff, clothes, etc again.

He is someone who doesn’t like to spend money, he is very good at saving money. He has a plan for the future so he saves. Don’t get me wrong he will spend a little money on things here and there but a big saver and thinking about money before he spends is the point.

I am the opposite. I spend money without thinking. I feel like I go into a trance in stores (especially target). I want things I see other women have on instagram. It’s not an excuse, just the truth.

I don’t wanna be this way. I know I can change. He isn’t so sure and the only reason he hasn’t kicked me out is cause of our kid. He feels I took advantage of him and his money and hid from him. In part I did, but it’s like it wasn’t conscious.

I have to do something. He asked to see what I have bought so I started to collect things to show even the food I have hid for when he gets home later.

I love him and I know time may help but I am scared. He is my person and a great father.

Advise appreciated. I am not proof reading any of this so sorry if it doesn’t make sense or there is a typo.

What would you do?

TLDR: I spend a lot of money. I have a problem. Fiancé might leave me. I want to change.

Edit: 1 am 28 not 27 per the body of the post.

Edit 2: I do have money on credit cards, he is not a fan of credit cards. He had asked me not to use them. I probably have 200-300 between two cards now. That is also a part of this.



Submitted May 08, 2023 at 04:59AM by annabanana1113 https://ift.tt/Q3Z7iMH
I messed up w/ money. 28/F & 27M I messed up w/ money. 28/F & 27M Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 08, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.