Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I in the wrong for not lending my husband $6000? Can this relationship be fixed?

My husband (25m) and I(25F)have been together for four years and married for two years. Recently, our relationship has been very rocky and we have also been going through personal hardships as well. He is an immigrant from another country and is struggling to make ends meet. He has been struggling so much that for the last six months, he has battled with addiction and lost all of his money. He has zero in his bank account right now, however for the last month has been totally clean and has made positive changes and been sober. Due to him struggling financially I have given him $3000 so far in the last year and also pretty much given him my brand new car in order for him to use it to work Uber while I continue to pay the $400 monthly fee. Yesterday he came to me and asked me for $6000 which I proceeded to say no to as I am in my 20s still just like he is and still trying to build my wealth as well. $6000 is about half my savings in my bank account. He proceeded to get really mad and said he was disappointed in me that I would not give my husband that amount of money, and that he would do that to me if I was broke. He said I should be ashamed. The problem is I don’t think he understands that if I give him that money I would feel financially unstable like he does and I am just not comfortable giving him that amount of money because I’ve also given him a lot of money in the past, and I do not know if I will receive that money back. I said no so that I could have that money in case he cannot support us and that if I need to pay rent. I don’t think he understands why I said no so it just feel very unfair and I feel very guilty. He got so mad that he almost proceeded to break up with me. However, he’s going through such a hard time this week but I’m pretty sure he’s just saying anything to get some relief. I am very confused of what to do and if I did the right thing or if I’m just a terrible person to my loved one. Also some relationship advice of how to mend things and gain trust again, would be helpful.

TL;DR husband is asking for $6000 because he is struggling financially but I am not comfortable giving that to him.



Submitted May 13, 2023 at 04:41PM by Matchachaitealatte https://ift.tt/yop2LFH
Am I in the wrong for not lending my husband $6000? Can this relationship be fixed? Am I in the wrong for not lending my husband $6000? Can this relationship be fixed? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 14, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.