Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE: I want to move away from my family.

There were a faithful few that commented on my post. So, I'd like to provide an update.

If you haven't read the original story and would like to. You can do so here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/131kwwr/i_want_to_move_away_from_my_family/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Before I provide an update, I just want to thank everyone that provided insight to my situation.

UPDATE: Well, things have taken a pretty major turn. On the 5th of May, my dad was admitted to a Neurology unit. He'd successfully fought throat cancer, kidney cancer and lung cancer over the past 5 years. But now, they have found multiple lesions on different lines of his brain. We'd noticed things over the past few weeks that led us to a neurologist who requested tests in the ER, later admitting him.

At this time, there is a treatment plan in place. As he is now struggling with motor function, he will likely spend some time in inpatient rehabilitation while they start that plan.

I feel extremely selfish, frustrated, hopeless, and worried.

Here I am wanting to get away. In some ways, NEEDING to get away for my own mental health only to be faced with the deteriorating physical health of my dad. It feels like I have to be here right? How could I leave? There is only my sister and I to help mom carry this load. But it just feels like if I stay now, I will never leave. How can I get close enough to a woman to ever put her first at this point?

Idk. Maybe I'm jumping the gun with these worries. But I can't help but worry that I'll be sacrificing my chance to get away and find a family that truly loves and accepts me for me. Meanwhile, my mom is beside her husband, surrounded by people who love her as she is. So is my dad. So is my sister. I am the only one who is looked down upon for a piece of my identity. How the hell do I navigate this?

TL;DR: After deciding to potentially move away, my dad has fallen seriously ill.



Submitted May 17, 2023 at 06:29PM by ThrowawayJoint68 https://ift.tt/bpBo1em
UPDATE: I want to move away from my family. UPDATE: I want to move away from my family. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 18, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.