Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (36M) Aunt (60F) Doesn't Let me Talk Much to my Grandma (88F)

I have an aunt who never married or had kids and lived with my grandparents for many years, basically never moving out of the house. She became the caretaker for my grandpa after he had a stroke and until his passing in the late 00s. Then she became, almost by default, the caretaker for my grandma.

She is very controlling and particular about the way that the house is maintained and has not let anyone visit in a long time. She has essentially severed the relationship with my other aunt and my mom. I live overseas so I cannot go there but I try to call my grandma from time to time. Whenever I call, my aunt immediately answers and lets my grandma talk to me for only 2-3 minutes. I can tell that my aunt is monitoring the calls almost, sitting next to my grandma as she talks.

I don't have much more to say to my grandma but it annoys me that the aunt has so much control in this situation. I feel that this is a deeply dysfunctional family dynamic and it makes me annoyed. I also don't understand what my aunt has to gain from all this feuding.

Tl;dr aunt is a weirdo who doesn't let me talk to my grandma much.



Submitted May 10, 2023 at 04:57AM by merchantsmutual https://ift.tt/GfgI4wr
My (36M) Aunt (60F) Doesn't Let me Talk Much to my Grandma (88F) My (36M) Aunt (60F) Doesn't Let me Talk Much to my Grandma (88F) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 10, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.