Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (30F) best friend (26F) tried to get my husband (30M) to cheat w/ her

Tldr: best friend of 10yrs comes over drunk and tries to get my husband to cheat on me while I'm out of the house doing her a favor

Whole story for some background is this. My dog had passed away in a traumatic medical event about a week prior so I was an emotional mess, as was my husband. (We can't have kids so this dog was basically it) A different friend "Mary" came over with her family dog to offer condolences. We ran to the store for dinner stuff, and husband was home.

While we were gone, "Anna"(best friend) shows up with her little sister "Lucy". She walks right in the door and doesn't pay attention, causing Marys dog to get out. Anna makes no move to try to catch the dog and just watches it run off. I get a call from my husband who is in tears having a panic attack because he can't find Marys dog. Mary and I rush back and are able to find the dog, catch it, and get back inside where Anna is. Anna is way too drunk to drive so I called her partner to come get her and then took Lucy home, leaving Anna and Mary at my home with my husband.

My husband is in our room, door closed, calming down after the shit show. I ask Anna and Mary to let him be. I am gone maybe 20 minutes to drop Lucy a few blocks away.

When I come home, my husband is sitting in the livingroom along with Anna and Mary. Anna is crying. Mary looks uncomfortable, and so does my husband. I spend the next hour comforting Anna because she is damn hear hysterical because she "feels so bad for my loss". It's alot. I'm offended and over her at this point already because here I am comforting her for being too drunk when I really just needed a friend. Her partner finally comes and leaves with her. After they're gone my husband tells me that Anna came onto him while I was taking Lucy home. To the point that she was on her knees trying to get his pants off. He said Anna kept saying "I'll make you feel better, but please tell no one about this" he said he had said thanks but no thanks and had to eventually shove her on the floor and go sit with Mary to wait for me. Mary confirms this.

The next day I texted Anna saying I know what she did and I do not appreciate it. It blows up because Anna thinks I am overreacting. Anna thinks I am being immature because I tell her I no longer want her around, nor do I trust her, and that if she doesn't tell her partner what happened, that I will. She says I am ruining her marriage if I say anything. She doesn't deny what happened just thinks it's no biggie. She finishes her apology by saying "Sorry but I was drunk". I basically tell Anna to step off and leave me alone. She goes on a tangent saying she will be here when I'm ready to apologize for treating her badly.

Later Anna says she's been verbally and emotionally abused by her partner and my husband was nice to her and made her feel like a human being, which is what caused her to act in that way. She thought she was helping him by trying to blow him when he was down and having a panic attack. She tells me that I need to forgive her and she wants to be friends but only if I can let the past be in the past.

I tell her to kick rocks because I will never trust her and not once has she considered.my feelings in any of this. I tell her that none of her half ass apologies are enough, and that I don't have time for her dumpster fire. I told her to fix her life and figure out a real apology then MAYBE we could talk about a fix

She later responds that I was a shitty friend anyways. I block her.

She has done nothing but go to all of our mutual friends telling them what a horrible person I am and how I've just been using them (for their kids, because I can't have my own)

It's exhausting. It's frustrating. And I don't know what to do. Her niece is my godchild so finding a way to be civil is important but I don't know how I can ever be in the same room as her again. How can I make this work?



Submitted May 09, 2023 at 05:42AM by Nervous_Difficulty20 https://ift.tt/OwGjFvN
My (30F) best friend (26F) tried to get my husband (30M) to cheat w/ her My (30F) best friend (26F) tried to get my husband (30M) to cheat w/ her Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 09, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.