Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girlfriend expects me to pay more towards the family.

Me (28) and my Gf(27) talked money. I'm from a normal western family that always somewhat struggled with money. She is from a quite wealthy Asian family and kind of in a bubble where everyone around her is also quite wealthy. We both are expected to be good earners in the future and she already has quite some assets while I only have some minor student debt but no assets at all.

She said when we start as family she expects me to pay 60% of what the family needs. The rest everyone can spend on themselfs how they want it. On top of that she has high expectations towards the family she wants to own a house and send the kids to private school while I don't think this is a necessity. I said I would like us to split fair after income because as she will move up in her career she will out earn me but she believes that I should still pay 60% because she doesn't want me to get lazy and she wants me to be dominant and a "man" that means I have to be the breadwinner. She said she doesn't mind helping out here and there but ultimately what she does with her leftover money would not be of my concern. She even says other rich friends of her would split 80/20 or 70/30 so I should be happy she offers this, her family would also expect this from me. In my country it is very uncommon to do something like this and with her high expectations I fear that I might not earn enough I told her this. She just brushed it off and said If I can't make that I'm not capable to have a family. I talked with her for hours and she doesn't back down at all no one of my friends does it like her people have shared accounts mostly or just split it euqal based on income. Are there wealthy women here that understand her? Is it a common theme in the upperclass?

TL;DR My gf wants me to pay more towards the family while I'm expected to earn less than her.



Submitted May 17, 2023 at 04:39AM by RetardedShareholder https://ift.tt/TaqrINh
Girlfriend expects me to pay more towards the family. Girlfriend expects me to pay more towards the family. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 17, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.