Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Girlfriend (24f) annoyed that I (24m) won't pay towards her car

I live with my partner and we've been together for 2 years. We live in the UK, both of us have a driving license but neither of us have a car. I don't have one because I don't really need one since I work from home so while it would be worth it when it comes to grocery shopping and the gym etc, it's just not worth the expense.

My gf is looking at getting a car in a few months when she starts her new job. We discussed it a while ago and said I would pay her £150 a month towards the car and then I'd be on the insurance so able to drive it. I would only be using it on weekends since my gf would be using it for work so we agreed that I shouldn't be paying much.

My gf wanted to talk today and asked if I'd mind paying £100 instead but that I wouldn't be on the insurance. I refused since I don't see the point in paying towards a car I can't drive when I don't really need one anyway. She argued back that I would still be benefitting but I pointed out I'd still be happy without the car and I'm only going to pay if I can drive it. She said I was being unreasonable since she'll need the car. I said she was the unreasonable one expecting me to fund her car without even being able to drive it. Does anyone have any advice?

tl.dr my gf was initially going to put me on her insurance and I'd pay her £150 a month and we'd share her car but now she wants £100 without me even going on the insurance and is annoyed when I refused. Does anyone have any advice?



Submitted May 20, 2023 at 03:20AM by Turbulent_Survey8173 https://ift.tt/lwYaPO6
Girlfriend (24f) annoyed that I (24m) won't pay towards her car Girlfriend (24f) annoyed that I (24m) won't pay towards her car Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on May 20, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.