Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I come out to my grandma?

So I’ve always known that I was queer, but as a 33F who fell in love with and married a cis/het man at 22 and 26 respectively, I never had to come out to my family. And for reference my family are catholics and leaning conservative (but European).

Now I’ve left my husband and I think I’m poly. Either way I’m engaged in a relationship with another woman. A wonderful relationship that makes my heart sing.

In the last year I’ve come out to my brothers and one cousin that I really trust. But now I really want to go visit my grandma for her birthday. As she is far I’d have to stay for a few days. I hate lying to her particularly, but also in general, and I loathe being inauthentic it makes me itch. So I want to see her and I want to tell her. Should I do so before the trip? Or on the trip? She is in her 80s and still with my grandpa who is quite a dominating personality and I don’t know how he will take it. But he does adore me.

The reason why I want to tell her is that I know she loves me, and I want to share how I’m finding happiness and I want to feel like my authentic self with her. She’s the only person in my childhood who made me feel safe, and I guess I’ve always disliked hiding this part of me from her?

Please give me your advice on coming out or grandparents! Is it fair?

tl:dr my family leans religious and kind of conservative, and my grandma is the only one who made me feel safe as a kid. I want to come out to her, but should I, and if so, on phone or on a trip to visit her?



Submitted March 04, 2023 at 06:20PM by Goodcatface https://ift.tt/oOuTtsp
Should I come out to my grandma? Should I come out to my grandma? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 05, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.