Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I (29f) being unreasonable about my boyfriends (29m) dog?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. We both have dogs that we help each other take care of and spend most of our time with. My BF recently bought a house and has been living at my apartment until it’s move in ready, then we are moving in there together.

Since we’ve been cohabitating, I’ve been taking care of his dog more since I get off work before him. His dog is a sweetie, but walking her on a leash is SUCH a pain. She pulls, darts around, gets tangled in her own leash or my dogs leash, etc. For whatever reason, this is SO frustrating to me. Like getting the wires from your headphones caught on something and yanked out levels of frustrating. The dog has other issues (for example, barking at night) but I can let those go. I know my dog isn’t perfect, either.

I talked to him about getting a new leash and leash training. He agreed to a new leash but basically said walking her wasn’t hard and I just needed to learn. He then basically forced me to handle her on all of our walks that night even though I didn’t want to so I would “learn”. I was taken aback because this is way out of character for my BF. He would wait on me hand and foot if I wanted. He always goes out of his way to do things for me, make my life easier, check in with how I’m feeling, etc. I understand people can be sensitive about their dogs, especially if it’s negative feedback.

I sent him a text and laid a boundary - if he wants me to take his dog places (like on hikes or errands) outside of potty walks, he has to work on leash training her. He hasn’t responded yet. I’m wondering if I’m in the right? I have some paranoia I have too high of expectations for dogs (I felt my last two boyfriends dogs were very untrained and frustrated me). Am I being too harsh?

TL;DR: set a boundary with my BF about leash training his dog. He doesn’t seem to agree. I said I won’t be taking the dog on walks outside of going potty unless they work on it.



Submitted March 08, 2023 at 03:52PM by Sunburnthammerhead https://ift.tt/bdMfgi0
Am I (29f) being unreasonable about my boyfriends (29m) dog? Am I (29f) being unreasonable about my boyfriends (29m) dog? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 09, 2023 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.