Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it normal to let friends text people from your phone?

I (25M) don't let people touch my phone. I don't know if it's a trauma response from when I was a teenager or if It's just a security thing. My whole life is on my phone, accounts, password, etc. So giving someone my phone makes me anxious and I'd be beyond mad if someone ever assumed they could just text someone from my phone. But on more than one occasion now I've had "pranks" played on me by "friends" who think it's alright to let someone else impersonate them. I know nothing on the internet is private. Texting and snapchat are no different. But I feel uncomfortable knowing that my entire history with a person is put into someone else's hands and then used as the butt of a joke. And even if It really is a joke, it still feels like a breach of trust. I expect that when I'm talking to someone, I'm talking to them. I've never let anyone text from my phone, and I've never sent a text from anyone else's phone. I've helped draft texts and emails for people. But I've never just been handed someone's entire history with another person. Am I crazy for thinking this way? What should I do about it?

TL;DR my friends sometimes impersonate each other over text and it makes me uncomfortable.



Submitted November 30, 2022 at 09:02AM by Unable-Instance-8019 https://ift.tt/i5KU9oB
Is it normal to let friends text people from your phone? Is it normal to let friends text people from your phone? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 01, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.