Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My friends and their wives are starting to irritate me

Lately my two friends worlds revolve purely around their wives, they make plans, we all do it no problem. However, myself & my girlfriend make plans with the group & man it is a helluva time to get these people to the time & place agreed upon. It almost always falls through, or one of the girls doesn’t show, something is guaranteed to go wrong. It’s just a chore.

Here is a ridiculous example I can give you. My GF, creates plans to go to a cider mill, one couple can’t make it. We try to plan around it but no luck. Instead this couple invited everyone we invited to a completely new date and time and proceeds to tell me “well you can still go when you planned”, so just rescheduled our plans.

I have told my girlfriend do not go out of her way for these people, as they continually make plans without us. Which is fine, we are adults, not being included in everything is fine, but that’ll eventually lead to be included in nothing.

My main issue is with my friends, their wives see the friend group as them 4, not including my girlfriend and I. Thats the disconnect, my friends have 0 backbone and can’t stand up to them. I know this is the case because my best friend of 20+ years clearly feels incredibly guilty and weird after these hangouts that don’t include us. Again, don’t need to be involved every time, but man, when we make plans just show up.

I’m on the edge of being done with these guys. My best friend even asked me whats wrong because I haven’t said much since they completely disrespected my GF’s cider mill plans.

Anyone ever feel like they are battling their friends significant others? No good way to word that, but man thats what it feels like.

That was word soup, thanks if you read it.

TL;DR: my friends and their wives are increasingly making more & more plans together, it’s obvious they are their own friend group. While my best friend clearly feels uneasy about it. I’m over it.



Submitted October 13, 2022 at 09:01PM by IncreasingShark https://ift.tt/RPyp0lL
My friends and their wives are starting to irritate me My friends and their wives are starting to irritate me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 14, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.