Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (19F) Mother ( 47F) expects me to listen to her constant negativity.

My mother and family had a falling out a few months ago over something really petty in my opinion. She has told all of her friends about it and voices her negative opinions of my family at least once every two days.She constantly tells people that she's happy not speaking to the family and that she's keeping it that way to the grave. She even has our phone carrier alert her phone whenever my family members texts me. She knows that I am on good terms with them and says im dumb and that they will screw me over eventually. Today, she called me and was calling my cousin names and bringing up personal stories that my cousin trusted her with and I finally said " Okay I get how you feel but those situations don't concern me and I would rather not repeatedly talk crap about others" and she got mad at me and said that the truth makes me angry and that she's allowed to say whatever she wants.

I recently started seeing this guy, and she'll input her opinion of him when she doesn't even know much about him. She'll constantly say that he isn't my forever boyfriend and that I will never find someone to date until I move away with her. She just called me to ask when he was taking me to dinner and I told her later on tonight and now she's claiming that he's dangerous just because night dates work better for the both of us. Before she hung up, she said " Im going to let you fall on your face by yourself with this one." I wish she would stay out of my business.She has done this with every single guy I've ever liked. Sometimes, I don't want her opinion. I'm an adult and can make my own opinions of others. She calls me at least 6 times when I'm not with her to constantly rant about the negativity of the world and it gets exhausting. I have my own stress and worries. Whenever I tell her that I don't want to constantly hear about the crime in our city everyday, she'll then tell me that my generation is too sensitive and that's what's wrong with the world. It's rare that I even hear her say positive things about anyone or anything. Last time I had a boyfriend, she got mad that I was at his house and called me a wh*** and accused me of letting him f me up the walls. My friend's mother gave us a shot of champagne for graduating highschool at his graduation party and my mom called me a crackhead and cussed me out. This relationship is EXHAUSTING.

TDLR: my mother does not respect boundaries or anyone and it get's exhausting and annoying. Any advice is appreciated. What are some strong boundaries that I can place in order to protect my own sanity?

( Posted in another subreddit to get advice)



Submitted October 03, 2022 at 04:33PM by Puzzleheaded-Comb923 https://ift.tt/Mu8zoqA
My (19F) Mother ( 47F) expects me to listen to her constant negativity. My (19F) Mother ( 47F) expects me to listen to her constant negativity. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 04, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.