Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F24) feel like my husband (M25) doesn’t enjoy being around me.

(This is my first post so I’m sorry if the formatting is bad) My husband of 4 months spends more time online than talking to me. We have been together for about 6 years and in the past year I noticed him gaming more and more. Now, he is constantly connected to his computer and most of the time playing video games with his friends. He gets home from work about an hour before me, and by the time I get home he is fully invested in his video games. I have nothing against him playing online games. In fact I’m sure it can be very fun and interesting. However, the amount of time he spends on these games is driving a wedge between us.

He typically spends 6 hours every evening playing games with his friends. He gets done with work sooner and by the time I get home from work he’s deep in a battle. If I attempt to ask him about his day I’m typically met with an annoyed response like “I’m in the middle of something”. I’ve given up trying to start a conversation when he’s on his computer. He doesn’t like if I interrupt him ever because he has to take off his headphones which distracts him. It has gotten to the point where I wait for him to get up to go to the bathroom to ask a question like “did you feed the cat?” I have talked to him about it a few weeks ago and he seemed like he understood how I felt, but nothing changed. I’ve tried playing games with him but he always ends up in a chat room with his friends so it’s not really a bonding activity at that point. If I do get him to take a break and spend time with me, he just sits on his phone and watches gaming videos on YouTube. I get so defeated I just tell him to go back to his game (to which he immediately does).

When we are doing something together I feel like he’s bored and just wants to get back to his computer. It’s worse on weekends. He starts gaming Friday around 5 pm and is on for 8 to 12 hours at a time until Sunday night. He doesn’t even shower and will eat whatever’s quick so he doesn’t miss anything online. I haven’t told my friends about this because honestly I’m embarrassed about it. I don’t even know what to do. I don’t even know what to talk to him about because he doesn’t seem interested in me. He doesn’t even seem to want sex at this point. I have gone so far as to ask him if he wants to be married and he always turns it around with “why would you even say that, what are you talking about?” It makes me feel like I’m overreacting and I immediately apologize.

I guess I’m looking for advice from anyone who has experienced something like this. I just want to have my husband back. He is my best friend and I miss when we used to talk for hours and laugh and do things together. If he and I can’t find a compromise I don’t think we will last. I appreciate any ideas on moving forward.

TL;DR- My husband would rather play video games than talk or hangout with me.



Submitted October 01, 2022 at 07:59PM by eggowalffles https://ift.tt/7I3lutM
I (F24) feel like my husband (M25) doesn’t enjoy being around me. I (F24) feel like my husband (M25) doesn’t enjoy being around me. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 02, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.