Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (F28) don't share my brother's opinion on his ex-wife and it's making him (M27) hate me

At my brother's insistence, I flew across the country after his baby was born to help out his new bride. I stayed with them a while (about 6 weeks) and really got to know her

She's young and flighty but a good person, and definitely a devoted mom

The marriage didn't last a year

Now, my brother is back home with us, 3,000 miles away & only has Skype/Zoom visitation with his son. The now ex-wife is intentionally low contact b/c the divorce was messy

He keeps calling her a "she devil narcissist" who "sandbagged him with a kid" and "needs psychiatric help."

I don't think any of these things, and he's always demanding that I back him up or validate what he says

She wanted to talk to me instead of him at the end of my nephew's last Zoom visit and he got so angry I thought he was going to explode

I still want to keep open a door of friendly communication with my little nephew's Mom, so he can be a bigger part of our lives and so she can know someone in our family doesn't hate her

But my brother sees this as a "betrayal"

I am completely torn and have no idea what to do

What is the best way to handle this complicated situation.

I don't want to "betray" my brother but I don't share his POV, either

Tl;DR: I do not share brother's opinion on ex wife and now he hates me



Submitted September 10, 2022 at 02:44AM by goaskaliceschmalice https://ift.tt/hLNtaml
I (F28) don't share my brother's opinion on his ex-wife and it's making him (M27) hate me I (F28) don't share my brother's opinion on his ex-wife and it's making him (M27) hate me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 10, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.