Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Difficult Situation With Wife (45F), Daughter (21F), Friend/Bf (22M), Me/Dad (47M). Any Advice Is Appreciated!

Hi, lovely strangers of the internet! I hope this article reaches you well. Unfortunately there is a situation which I'm struggling to deal with, it has been ongoing for a long while now and seemingly is getting worse. I appreciate all advice, thank you.

Hi, I'm Dad. Now, during my daughters primary school year three (a long time ago) another young boy joined and they almost immediately became friends. There were a lot of differences but at this innocent age nothing really matters. Fast forward and primary school turns to secondary school and they've both been accepted at the same school etc. They're inseparable, at this point they have cycled through all the phases of young life and are both in university studying the same degree.

God, I don't want to drag this out too long. So the kid is great, I like him. He's honest, he has a good moral compass and hell he's a good one. I've seen him go from literally shitting his pants (not recently thankfully) to being a young adult. I've seen him grow. They have strong feelings for one another and I have nothing against that. In fact I'm glad it's him because I know exactly what he's like. He'll look after her. Now. My wife on the other hand..

My wife is against this kid because 1) he's muslim 2) he's brown 3) reason 1 and 2 make him different to us so that's a bad thing apparently. There's no convincing her. A couple years back we were out of town attending some relative from her sides wedding god knows better who it was, and they had a reception which included dancing, as you do. It was lovely. She tried introducing our daughter to this choir boy and kept prompting our daughter to dance with him. I didn't actually witness this as I was at the bar getting drunk but I've heard all accounts of this incident and it's the same story all around so it checks out. So after declining a number of times, daughter went on to say she didn't feel comfortable and [brown kid] wouldn't like her dancing with randoms.

My wife blew up and it was a whole shit show. Ever since then everything has been a competition. If we're ever eating ham, drinking etc. Wife goes on about how he can't do that and honestly I'm sick to death of hearing this crap. Brown kid would spend a lot of time over at our house, it was his home V2. He doesn't come over anymore. Something changed, I know the wife said something to him but she denies it and when I ask him he shakes it off and says it's nothing to worry about. loved him being around, good sense of humour and someone to watch the games with. He would always fall asleep on the sofa and then wake up and try play off like he didn't fall asleep so I don't feel bad. Deep down I know the games bore him to death, he's just there to give me company, kid is an angel.

I'll cut it short, my wife wants him out of our daughters life completely. I'm completely against this and it is having a massive strain on everything. The household is very tense these past few days. I'm trying to make her see sense but she's hell bent on getting her own way. Our daughter is happy isn't that the main thing???? What can I possibly do to make my wife see sense? It's ridiculous that I have to ask this question however yet here I am. Any answers are much appreciated kind folk.

Tldr: my daughter has a childhood sweetheart however as they grew older my wife has changed her opinion on the kid and is completely against the idea of him sticking around. she wants him out. what can I do to make her see sense for the sake of our daughters happiness, surely her racism doesn't top out daughters happiness. thank you.



Submitted August 06, 2022 at 09:59PM by Acceptable_Net_524 https://ift.tt/axbou2h
Difficult Situation With Wife (45F), Daughter (21F), Friend/Bf (22M), Me/Dad (47M). Any Advice Is Appreciated! Difficult Situation With Wife (45F), Daughter (21F), Friend/Bf (22M), Me/Dad (47M). Any Advice Is Appreciated! Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on August 07, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.