Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I don’t know if I’m being disrespectful but I’m anxious

I (F21) have been dating my boyfriend (M27) for 2 1/2 years. We have had issues in the past with me going out with friends. He sets these boundaries and I have respected them but it seems there’s always a problem even when I’m in my opinion being very respectful. To the point I don’t even go out with them anymore because I feel it’s always a weird vibe when I get home and I’m anxious.

We’re making a big move in the next few weeks so I’ve been wanting to spend some time with friends but really the only time we’re all free is weekend evenings. He doesn’t like me going to any bars and really only likes me going to restaurants so I typically just skip out on those outings they go on. But tonight they asked me to go to Mexican and an ax throwing place and I agreed thinking it was no problem. When I went to leave he was moody. He kept saying nothing was wrong but was being passive aggressive.

All night I kept him updated on what was going on. I called him frequently to let him know I was okay but he still just seemed irritated and short with me. When we got to the ax place it was packed and there was no open slots so they wanted to go to a sports bar and grab a drink. I decided to go and I called to let him know and he was upset whether he wanted to admit it or not. This was only a girls night and he gets upset he can’t come. But no one else’s boyfriends come and they can go out whenever they want. He’s not a dictator and he doesn’t care if I go but if I do it’s just passive aggressive all night and eventually somehow leads to a fight.

I came home and he’s been drinking and says he wants to have fun. Then he just doesn’t spend time with me? Keeps saying he doesn’t like the vibe here and I look like I’ve had fun tonight. He never wants to go do anything until my friends invite me. I’m getting frustrated because he says I can do whatever I want but sets these boundaries and I respect them but it’s still a problem. He has my location, he can go through my phone, I keep him updated but it’s still not enough for him to just trust me in those situations. I know he just wants to protect me but I’m kind of lonely. Is going to bars or girls night seen as disrespectful in your relationship?

TL;DR my boyfriend says he doesn’t care if I go out with friends but always seems moody when I do. It comes down to he says he doesn’t trust other people and worried I’ll get hurt. I’m getting lonely and don’t know if I’m just not understanding if girls night and bars are disrespectful to a relationship. Especially because my friends can even when in relationships.



Submitted February 05, 2022 at 10:28PM by ajaoabfisbd https://ift.tt/lqO70Pj
I don’t know if I’m being disrespectful but I’m anxious I don’t know if I’m being disrespectful but I’m anxious Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on February 06, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.