Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (34F) husband (39M) has insecurities about my job and befriending coworkers.

Me (34F) and my husband (39M) have been together for 8 years, married 3. For a little background, we met at our old job (we no longer work at the same company together). He was always extremely jealous of me talking to other people, especially men. I had a male mentor/trainer and made the decision to go get drinks with him for happy hour once, which in hindsight was not the best look, but he was married and I was in a committed relationship. Nothing happened. We discussed work, and music, and went our separate ways after 2 drinks. I respected him as a mentor and as someone who could help me progress in my career. My husband went ballistic and to this day thinks we were sleeping together. I ended up having to end several male friendships there due to his jealousy.

Eventually I got pregnant and stepped away from the workforce for 2 years. Fast forward to now. I'm at an amazing new company, accepted a new role at the beginning of the year. This new job is primarily a field of 'men' with only a handful of women in the whole department. It is both a stepping stone to leadership and also an opportunity for me to pave the way for other women.

My husbands insecurities are constantly triggered with me in this new role. I'm around men pretty much all day. I make more than my husband. He thinks I chose this as an opportunity to 'see new people' and make more money for 'what if.' I see it as emotional abuse with how he handles himself and the things he chooses to say to me.

I'm exhausted. I have always wanted a career, I have always strived for leadership and I have a real shot to go places at a company I love. I tried the stay at home mom thing and it wasn't for me. Nor can just one income support our household. Do I take a demotion in order for my husband to feel better about our relationship? Or do I keep shooting for the career of my dreams and risk my marriage?

Tldr; My husbands insecurity about other men and money make him jealous and he doesn't feel comfortable with me keeping my current job.



Submitted September 01, 2021 at 06:03AM by FeFiFoMums https://ift.tt/3jyaGpr
My (34F) husband (39M) has insecurities about my job and befriending coworkers. My (34F) husband (39M) has insecurities about my job and befriending coworkers. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.