Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [34 F] with my husband [35 M] thinks I should try exercise to treat my depression before medication.

(TW death/miscarriage) Before this year I would consider myself depressed in general, but this year has been really hard. I had a 2nd-trimester miscarriage a few months ago, and just a month ago, my Dad died suddenly. On top of a lot of other stresses, and what I think is undiagnosed PTSD, I am really struggling.

I have been looking for a therapist and am not finding many who are accepting new patients. I reached out to my Dr. and they gave me a few resources, but we also talked about starting medication. We agreed to start a low dose of Prozac, so hopefully, that helps.

When I told my husband how the appointment went, he said, "You should start exercising in the mornings, I think that it would help you so much. Don't you want to try to treat it naturally before you start medication?" I got the feeling that he thinks medication is the "easy way" out.

I am so hurt and do not feel supported. I want to be able to explain to him so that he understands why this is not okay to say to me and why his whole reasoning is wrong.


tl;dr: I spoke with my Dr. who prescribed Prozac, husband suggested that I try exercising and treating it the "natural way" first.



Submitted September 01, 2021 at 02:00PM by pnwg https://ift.tt/3zEFmLx
Me [34 F] with my husband [35 M] thinks I should try exercise to treat my depression before medication. Me [34 F] with my husband [35 M] thinks I should try exercise to treat my depression before medication. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.