Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Am I going crazy?

So I’m at a bit of a loss right now. My partner (27m) of 5+ years, myself (29f) And our daughter (4f) have been in lockdown. I have been actively working from home, my partner has not because of the nature of his work. Everything has been pretty great, partner has been very understanding and occupying our girl when I work and I am very appreciative of this.

Today we went back to work, partner packed up my work set up while I got myself and our daughter ready. I spotted him packing up and he almost dropped one of my work monitors, but caught it at the last moment. All was well.

When I get to work, I set everything up and the monitor lcd is trashed. I call him and tell him the monitor is broken. His response is “oh no” I’m upset and explain I’ll have to pay for the monitor. He doesn’t react beyond his initial response. At this point I’m unsure what to say so we end the call.

After some discussion with my boss, she confirmed I’ll have to cover the cost of a new monitor.

After work, I mention this to my partner, again, no reaction outside of “that’s rough, I would have thought they’d pay”

To be clear, I know it was an accident and our incomes have taken a hit due to Covid, I had some work savings built up so managed to order a new one on the work account which I will pay off.

The money is not my issue. I am more upset by his lack of acknowledgment. I wouldn’t have let him pay knowing he could not afford it but I would have appreciated an “I am so sorry, I did not mean for this to happen”.

Money is money at the end of the day but the lack of accountability is driving me a little crazy.

I really want to deal with this in a healthy way, I’m just not sure how and tbh I’m not sure if I’m overreacting.

Any advice would be welcome

TLDR: partner broke an expensive work Monitor and hasn’t apologised or acknowledged the mistake and I’m not sure if I’m over reacting or not and don’t want to start a fight over something stupid



Submitted September 01, 2021 at 02:47AM by Cha_Changa https://ift.tt/38CTCIB
Am I going crazy? Am I going crazy? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on September 01, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.